Thursday, March 13, 2014

seven so soon

to my oldest baby

i can hardly believe you will be seven tomorrow.
each year as your birthday approaches
your excitement is palpitating.

i, however, get a lump in my throat.

i am in awe of who you are
and the lady you are growing into.

i see qualities in you that are absent in me. 

you want to be a doctor you say...
whatever you choose i know it will be filled
with compassion and joy.


you are no longer small but i can still carry you.
your fine baby hair is now a head full of golden locks.
your infectious smile is filled with full size teeth.
your legs are long and lean like your daddy's.

you wear your heart on your sleeve.

these years i cannot do over.
i know this in my brain, but
my heart aches that they will be gone forever.

please bear with me as i take an excessive
amount of pictures because i don't want to
forget one second. 

i love being your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment